Friday 25 March 2011

Pick Me Up - Somerset House


Show Guide


It's been quite a while since I last updated my page but thought
my visit to the Pick Me Up show at Somerset House was a
good excuse. Wendy and several other tutors and friends had
reccommended the show to me and right they were! The lay-
out of the event was really quirky, your not quite sure whether
you should be treating it as an exhibition or as a trade fair.
The variety of work was quite good, I was a little disapointed
that there wasn't any 3D pieces, but many of the grpahic and
illustrative works were all profesionally set out. A particular
designer who I picked up on was Paul Blow. A British
illustrator who produces work which nearly always has a
narrative. For example the piece below... 'Boob Boy' aptly
titled and clearly presented. His work has a child like quality
 which I think really entices people and the fact that unlike
many others, his work has a 'point' and for me this really helps
me engage with his work.



Photo - AH

No comments:

Post a Comment