Monday 16 January 2012

Using Illustrator

For one of our most recently set briefs, we were asked to design an A3 poster which celebrated the unsung heroes of the mundane world. A mundane object varied form a paper clip to Martini glass, my chose a common corkscrew. With me working in catering, I realised that without one of those trusty waiter's friends I'd be lost. The project had to be composed in Adobe Illustrator, this was a first for me and many others in the group, I realised that it was a case of practice makes perfect with a programme like Illustrator, and so
began today.


Brief






       


Here's evidence of some progress just after an hour, I'm not set on which style of corkscrew I want to idolises yet, it may be an mixture. Even though I haven't decide yet this first spell on Illustrator has been useful, I know now how to bend paths which allows me to create virtually any shape. Also signing up to Lynda through the UAL website has been really handy with its tutorials on both Illustrator and Photoshop, highly recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment