Sunday 12 December 2010

Tutorial

Finally managed to complete my 'List List List' project, in which I'd opted to construct the word 'LIST' out of a list of 10 things that are the wrong colour. The image below illustrates my idea, the 'L' is constructed out of orange hair and turquoise coloured carpet. The 'I' out of a London Brick spray painted British Racing green, the 'S' out of red coloured fairy lights (hand-coloured); then finally the 'T' out of nail varnished cardboard and a log coloured with red Monza spray paint. In this sense the 7 items I listed represent things that are the wrong colour. However, unfortunately some have only been achieved by human manipulation i.e the spray painted items, but I think the overall appearance of the piece works well, the message is rather clearly communicated in an entertaining and interactive way.


            


I'd tried to take on board what Max had told me about taking photographs - remember to have a neutral background. So I borrowed a large sheet of paper and laid my piece on the floor and took the pictures from above. I felt flash work most effectively, capturing the metallic sheen of the brick.

No comments:

Post a Comment